2011-08-23

Light as a feather


And...there are lots of trees here.

Enough to feel...claustrophobic.

But they don't look threatening.

Not to me, at least.

The trees here...are softer, almost.

As if they protect what they hide.

No doubt there's treasure buried away somewhere in this great forest.

But I'm in no shape to go searching for it.

I've not wandered about the trees, no, I'm not ready for that yet.

But I've stared out at them through the windows.

At least, the ones that aren't broken.

It's cold here. They say it's always cold, and I don't know how they can stand it.

I have Frankenstein to keep me warm, though. A big ol' jungle cat for protection.

I used to be afraid of dying.

Now that I'm basically a corpse anyway, I...
The boils have appeared now.

Maybe that means it'll be over soon.

Maybe if I die, people will be able to stop fussing over me.

I've only been a burden. I'm no use.

I'm not brave, like Elaine.

I'm not willful, like Rachael.

I'm not even huggable anymore, like Frank here.

I haven't helped anyone.

Have I?

7 curiosities:

August said...

A little bit of hope and good will can go a long way. Sometimes all we need to do is smile, and you're got a talent for providing plenty of those to Stalked everywhere.

Welcome to the House. I know it's cold, but I can show you where we keep the extra blankets when I get back. You kind of... get used to it after a while, I guess.

Elaine said...

You've helped me, Em. You should know that. Alright, I'm coming to find you and give you a hug. Sounds like you need one.

Spencer said...

... You've helped me.
As you can gather, that's a very, very hard thing to do.

Try not to wander off, sweetie. Lessie' if we can get Doc to take a look at you.

Jessie said...

Shrody, you help all of us. You make us smile. And that's a rare thing, these days. Don't give up hope.

Schrödinger said...

Worthless, valueless, meaningless. Empty words are all I give. Empty promises. Empty love.

Maurice said...

I needed your love

I would still be sobbing Maurice in the darkness if you had not allowed me to see compassion.

Even if everything else was a lie, even the little bit of joy you brought saved my life.

I love you so much

John said...

You have not only made us smile more than one time
Your courage right now is giving us hope
Your love has given us faith in other runners
The fact that you're doing something even when you have that thing doing whatever it's doing to you has given me strength

Yes, i decided to not tell my story, since... well there aren't many runners around these parts, but to someone as lonely as i am, your words have reached me and gave the will to go on...

What i'm trying to say is... amm... i need you schrody

Post a Comment